Tidal Tribe - Presskit
A God Game about Terraforming, Water and Farming
- Genre: God game
- Platform: Windows (Mac and Linux may come later)
- Release Date: July 18, 2019
- Price: $15
- Developer: Just some 29-year-old guy (PowPit) developing games in his bedroom (located in Luxembourg), sometimes using the name Sepia Rain to sound a bit fancier
- Website: sepiarain.net
- Contact: Pit Gennari (email@example.com)
In classical god game fashion, Tidal Tribe gives you the power to shape the terrain. Raise and lower the land to protect your village from waves and floods, all while using that very same water to build lakes and rivers, turning the desert land into a lively forest of trees and bushes.
And these trees are the key to your success: provide enough plants of all the different types to allow your people to satisfy their needs and make their village prosper. Oh, and make sure the paths to those trees don't pass around a dozen lakes and mountains and stuff. There's no point in having all these plantations if it takes ages to reach them. But if you're not busy building, you can also just relax. Watch what kind of shenanigans your people are up too. Depending on the terrain you provide and their society stats, they may even start building factories. Or become criminals. Maybe wage war. Or just burn everything down again in a revolution.
- 3 game modes
- Story mode with 5 main missions, several side missions, parkour maps (incorporating the terraforming), minigames, treasure maps, photo quests and other surprises. Oh, and different endings. However you shape the world, decides what path the story takes.
- Challenge mode (score attack & time attack) with currently 4 challenges (more to come!).
- Free game mode: just play in a randomly generated world.
- Generally just relaxing gameplay where you build your irrigation channels, shape the farmland, build paths and maybe collect some fruits yourself.
- Completely dynamic worlds: shapeable terrain, waves flowing through said terrain (and possibly eroding it), vegetation growing depending on the terrain and water, villages expanding and shrinking.
- NPC AI includes among others: collecting fruits, satisfying their needs, spending their free time, but also (if necessary, depending on the level and how you play): stealing to survive, guarding their plantations against thieves, fighting, waging war,...
- Over four hours of original music.
- Created entirely by one person.
Some more information
- Inspired by games like From Dust, Doshin the Giant and Populous.
- Played in first-person, unlike most god games.
- The story is about 4 kids going on little adventures. And one of them trying to figure out where the player's powers come from.
- Which path the story takes is entirely decided by how you play (i.e. shape the terrain). There are no dialogue options or the like.
- Keyboard and gamepad support (configurable)
- 5 years of development.
- Uses a custom engine.
Join the Discord Server for updates, future beta access, community games and more!